Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Vacuum cleaners

My vacuum cleaner was given to me last Christmas. It was a fairly cheap and lightweight vacuum. It worked for about 7 months. Unfortunately, I've had it for 10. It wore out belts all the time. For the last two weeks, I have not been able to fully vacuum. It has overheated within a couple of minutes and not picked up the dirt and stuff well. My floor was getting disgusting. Imagine not being able to vacuum for 2 weeks with 5 kids! Eww! Yesterday, after much searching, I located a cheap, but good used vacuum. It was at a vacuum repair shop. someone had dropped their vacuum off for repair a long time ago. They never picked it up. The repair shop was selling it for only the cost of the repair work, $35. I rushed to the shop to get it. When I brought it home, H and I vacuumed every room in the house. We went over each floor twice and when we were done, the floors looked nice again. I was told that bagless vacuums are not as good as bagged ones. They are made of mostly plastic parts and will overheat and begin to wear out in a short time. The best vacuums are those with metal parts and bags. H and I have decided that we'll keep our bagless for now. If we can buy a used one every year for what we just paid, we can afford to replace it every year when we destroy it. And we will destroy it. But, for now, I can enjoy nice clean floors that I can walk across without cringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment