Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prescription Drugs

My family uses a lot of prescription drugs. We have the usual things like high blood pressure and anxiety. Then we have some unusual problems. This amounts to about 10 prescriptions for our family. These all have to be filled every month which amounts to about $800 a month in prescriptions! The worst part (okay, the cost may be the worst part) is that almost NONE of these prescriptions run out at the same time! I filled 2 of them yesterday. I will fill one more later this week, I filled 3 last week, and so on, and so on. You know it's bad when the pharmacist has already pulled your medicine out before you even get to the counter. Last week, the lady rang up the purchase before verifying the name on it. I think I spend more time at the pharmacy then I do buying groceries, and that's saying something. I guess I could use mail order for some of them, but they don't have all our medicines and some of them require a new prescription every month. Besides, wouldn't that just mean more paperwork. I guess for now this is just something we have to deal with, but hey, those anxiety pills are mine so I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment